Cowley Cares Coalition Fund
The Cowley Cares Coalition Fund provides support and mentoring to single mothers who are actively working to improve their lives and the lives of their children. We provide a safe, stress free option for mothers to take that first step. Our goal is to support and mentor single mothers to assure their life story includes a happy ending.
- Applicants must have a documented need and be working, in school, or in some meaningful way attempting to better their circumstances.
- Applicants are evaluated to determine the immediate need and how a grant would impact the family, and improve their lives.
Funds may be used for:
- Daycare, gas utilities, or other living expenses
- Medication and/or eyeglasses
- Computers for college coursework
Who Can Apply
Applicants must have a documented need and be working, in school, or in some other way endeavoring to better their circumstances for herself and her children. Applicants will be evaluated to determine immediate needs, and whether a grant will indeed impact circumstances and help the family improve their status.
Who Might Be Funded
Funds may be available for paying tuition, daycare, gas, utilities, and other living expenses in order to make it possible for women to advance themselves. Among other items that will be considered are medicine, eyeglasses, and food. Computers for college and legal aid would also be considered. In most cases, gifts will be awarded on a one-time basis.
How To Apply
Applicants should be referred by an agency that assists women in need. (Eagle Nest, Inc., Salvation Army, area churches, doctors, etc.)